The Cowlitz-Lewis Economic Development District provides economic planning assistance, planning and funding research to the the counties, cities, ports, unincorporated towns, the Cowlitz Tribe and the chambers of commerce. The CLEDD board meets quarterly to review and update project and planning lists, review economic data and progress throughout the region. The CLEDD received Preferred Sustainable Status from HUD, EPA and DOT partnership due to the application submitted in 2011.
In 2013, the CWCOG/CLEDD staff will be working on engaging sustainable long-range planning efforts focused on the economy, equity and environment to advance the quality of place our residents and businesses desire.
Project/ Plan submission form for Rural Development (.09) and 2013-2017 CLEDD CEDS Report [Fillable Form]
Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Council of Governments/ Cowlitz-Lewis Economic Development District Quality of Place Joint Sessions dates announced:
- June 27th in Cowlitz County
- October 24th in Lewis County
- EDD Project and Plan Applications now online
- Industrial Park at TransAlta (IPAT) received $2.8 million for infrastructure improvements from EDA
- Ruckelhaus Report on Chehalis Basin Flooding- DRAFT July 16, 2012 [link]
- January 25, 2013: CLEDD CEDS Annual Plan 2011- 2013 [pdf]
- CLEDD partners receive Preferred Sustainable Status for HUD Sustainable Communities Grant [Article]