Affordable Housing Assistance
Program Overview | Committees | Plans & Studies
Data / Information | Calendar | Resources | Contact Staff
The Regional Housing & Community Development Program works to improve the communities in our region with an emphasis on housing quality, availability, and affordability. Ensuring safe, affordable, and stable living conditions is always of concern, and even more so during tough economic times.
The Regional Housing Advisory Committee tracks and monitors housing trends and issues within the region, advising the CWCOG board whenever local, state or federal action is needed. Special studies and reports are used to assess the needs of our area, assist community housing partners in meeting the affordable housing needs of our communities, and inform our elected officials of developing issues across our region that require action. The 2007 Regional Housing Plan calls for action to:
- Support the conservation and expansion of the affordable housing stock;
- Expand opportunities for low income households to achieve homeownership and build wealth;
- Meet the need for sound, affordable rental housing stock; and
- Promote fair housing opportunities, programs, and services for low and moderate income households.
Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Regional Housing Advisory Committee
The Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Regional Housing Advisory Committee is a coalition of local agencies promoting the conservation and development of a full range of affordable housing opportunities within Cowlitz and Wahkiakum counties. The committee works to ensure that all citizens have the opportunity to choose a home that is safe, decent, accessible and affordable. The committee:
- Supports the conservation, development, and availability of affordable housing;
- Supports homeownership programs such as self-help housing and case management services to help people achieve self-sufficiency;
- Promotes fair housing opportunities, programs and services for low and moderate income individuals and families;
- Encourages the involvement of local financial institutions to fulfill the spirit and intent of the Community Reinvestment Act;
- Provides information and recommendations for local governments regarding state and federal programs, policies and proposed regulatory changes; and
- Evaluates local, state, and federal housing programs that have the potential to meet local needs.
PLEASE JOIN US for one of our meetings; see our calendar for dates and times.
Current Events/ News
Plans & Studies
- Cowlitz County Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness - 2011 Update
- Cowlitz County Regional Housing Plan - 2007
- Longview-Kelso Consolidated Housing and Community Development Plan - 2014-2018
- Washington Housing Needs Assessment - 2015
Data / Information
Comprehensive Housing Affordability Strategies:
Regional Housing Advisory Committee meets whenever it is announced at the Lower Columbia CAP Office in the Altrusa Room, located at 1526 Commerce Avenue, Longview, Washington.
Housing & Homeless Information
Click here for a list of Resources containing links to various agencies' websites pertaining to housing and homelessness
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 360.577.3041.
Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Council of Governments
207 4th Avenue North
Kelso, WA 98626
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.